Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 55. Housing, Public Buildings, Urban Renewal, and Regional Housing Authorities
- Section 130. Qualifications of Tenants and Maximum Number of Rooms.
previous: Section 120
. Operation and Management of Projects.
next: Section 140
. Issuance of Bonds, Notes, and Refunding Bonds.
AS 18.55.130. Qualifications of Tenants and Maximum Number of Rooms.
- (a) In the operation or management of low-cost housing projects, the corporation shall from time to time establish rents
and requirements for admission of tenants to its low-cost housing projects in each municipality in which low-cost
housing projects of the corporation are located. The rents and requirements for admission are subject to the approval
of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- (b) Except in the case of leased housing as provided in 42 U.S.C. 1437f, the corporation shall fix the income limits for
occupancy of its low-cost housing projects and rents that are approved by the United States Department of Housing and
Urban Development after taking into consideration
- (1) the family size, composition, age, physical disabilities, and other factors that might affect the rent-paying ability of
the family; and
- (2) the economic factors that affect the financial stability and solvency of the project.
- (c) Rents and requirements for admission to low-cost housing projects as provided in (a) and (b) of this section must be
so established that a gap of at least 20 percent, except in the case of an elderly family or displaced family or in the
case of leased housing under 42 U.S.C. 1437f, will be left between the upper rental limits for admission to low-cost
housing projects of the corporation and the lowest rents at which private enterprise unaided by public subsidy is
providing housing substantially similar to the low-cost housing projects of the corporation.
- (d) The corporation may not rent more than the minimum number of rooms that it considers necessary to provide safe and
sanitary accommodations without overcrowding.
- (e) Nothing in this section or AS 18.55.120
limits the power of the corporation to vest in an obligee the right to take possession of a housing project or have a
receiver appointed free from the restrictions imposed by this section or AS 18.55.120
in case of default by the corporation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.