Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 50. Vital Statistics Act
- Section 250. Permits.
previous: Section 245
. Report of Induced Termination of Pregnancy.
next: Section 260
. Extension of Time.
AS 18.50.250. Permits.
- (a) The funeral director or person acting as the funeral director who first assumes custody of a dead body or fetus shall
obtain a burial-transit permit before final disposition or removal from the state of the body or fetus and within 72
hours after death, except as otherwise authorized by regulation for special problem cases.
- (b) The local registrar of the registration district where the death occurred shall issue a burial-transit permit when a
certificate of death or fetal death has been filed in accordance with this chapter, except as otherwise authorized by
regulation in special problem cases.
- (c) A burial-transit permit that accompanies a dead body or fetus brought into the state is authority for final
disposition of the body or fetus in the state.
- (d) A permit for disinterment and reinterment is required before disinterment of a dead body or fetus except as authorized
by regulation or otherwise provided by law. Upon proper application the permit shall be issued by the local registrar
of vital statistics in accordance with instructions of the state registrar.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.