Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 45. Atomic Energy
- Section 27. Transportation of Nuclear Waste Material.
previous: Section 25
. Facilities Siting Permit Required.
next: Section 30
. Conduct of Studies Concerning Changes in Laws and Regulations With a View to Atomic Industrial Development.
AS 18.45.027. Transportation of Nuclear Waste Material.
- (a) The transportation of high level nuclear waste material, except for purposes of disposal outside the state, is
- (b) For purposes of this section, "high level nuclear waste material"
- (1) means
- (A) used nuclear reactor fuel;
- (B) waste produced during the reprocessing of used nuclear reactor fuel; and
- (C) elements having an atomic number greater than 92 and containing 10 or more nanocuries per gram;
- (2) does not include radioactive materials used in medicine, education, or scientific research that are stored or disposed
of in conformity with procedures established by the Department of Environmental Conservation by regulation adopted
under AS 46.03.250
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.