Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 26. Alaska Medical Facility Authority
- Section 260. Issuance and Guarantee of Alaska Medical Facility Authority Bonds.
previous: Section 250
. Operation of Certain Statutes Excepted; Status of Authority.
next: Section 900
AS 18.26.260. Issuance and Guarantee of Alaska Medical Facility Authority Bonds.
- (a) There is established as a separate account in the authority the medical facilities special bond guarantee account.
The medical facilities special bond guarantee account consists of money disbursed to it by the commissioner of revenue.
The assets of the medical facilities special bond guarantee account may be pledged to guarantee bonds or bond
anticipation notes of the authority issued under (b) of this section.
- (b) If the commissioner of revenue and the board jointly determine that a medical facility is unable to use traditional
private or public financial institutions to refinance mortgage loans and that it is in the public interest to make
- (1) the authority may provide financial assistance and purchase mortgage loans made to the medical facility and may issue
bonds or bond anticipation notes under this chapter to provide money for the purchase of the mortgage loans or to
provide the financial assistance; and
- (2) the commissioner of revenue may disburse to the medical facilities special bond guarantee account money appropriated
to the commissioner for the account which the commissioner determines to be necessary to guarantee bonds or bond
anticipation notes issued under (1) of this subsection.
- (c) Before entering into an agreement under (a) of this section to provide guarantees for bonds or bond anticipation notes
issued or to be issued under (b) of this section, the commissioner of revenue shall determine that arrangements have
been made to protect the interests of the state in the medical facilities special bond guarantee account.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.