Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 26. Alaska Medical Facility Authority
- Section 30. Board of Directors of the Authority.
previous: Section 20
. Creation of Authority.
next: Section 40
. Meetings, Compensation, Officers, and Expenses.
AS 18.26.030. Board of Directors of the Authority.
- (a) The authority shall be managed and controlled by a seven-person board of directors, who serve at the pleasure of the
governor, consisting of
- (1) the commissioner of revenue, who shall also chair the board;
- (2) the commissioner of health and social services;
- (3) the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development;
- (4) four public members, appointed by the governor.
- (b) The four public members appointed under (a)(4) of this section serve for staggered four-year terms. Each must be a
resident of the state and a qualified voter at the time of appointment and shall comply with the requirements of AS 39.50 (public official financial disclosure). Each member shall hold
office for the term of the appointment and until a successor has been appointed and qualified. A member is eligible for
reappointment. A vacancy on the board of directors occurring other than by expiration of term shall be filled in the
same manner as the original appointment but for the unexpired term only. Each member of the board, before entering upon
the duties of office, shall take and subscribe to an oath to perform the duties of office faithfully, impartially, and
justly to the best of the member's ability. A record of the oath shall be filed in the Office of the Governor.
- (c) If any commissioner is unable for any reason to attend a meeting of the authority, the commissioner may, by an
instrument filed with the board and incorporated into the minutes of the meeting, designate another person within the
commissioner's department to serve as a member at that meeting. For purposes of this chapter, an acting commissioner
is a member of the board until a commissioner assumes office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.