Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 20. Hospitals and Nursing Facilities
- Section 150. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 141
. Department Functions.
next: Section 160
. Priority of Projects.
AS 18.20.150. Duties of Department.
- (a) For each of the following groups of facilities, hospitals and medical facilities (Group 1), community mental health
centers (Group 2), and facilities for the mentally retarded (Group 3), the department shall
- (1) make a statewide inventory of existing public, nonprofit, and proprietary facilities;
- (2) survey the need for construction of these facilities;
- (3) on the basis of the inventory and survey, develop a program for the construction of public and other nonprofit
facilities for each of these groups that will, in conjunction with existing facilities, afford the necessary physical
facilities for furnishing adequate facility services to all residents of the state.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 19 ch 6 SLA 1998].
- (c) The department shall
- (1) provide for adequate facilities to furnish needed services for persons unable to pay for them in accordance with
regulations adopted under the federal act;
- (2) submit any reports that the surgeon general considers necessary for compliance with the federal act;
- (3) do all things on behalf of the state necessary to obtain benefits under the federal act.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.