Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 20. Hospitals and Nursing Facilities
- Section 85. Hospital Records Retention.
previous: Section 80
. Inspection and Consultation For Alterations.
next: Section 90
. Disclosure of Information. [Repealed, Sec. 45 Ch 57 SLA 2005].
AS 18.20.085. Hospital Records Retention.
- (a) Unless specified otherwise by the department a hospital shall retain and preserve records that relate directly to the
care and treatment of a patient for a period of seven years following the discharge of the patient. However, the
records of a patient under 19 years of age shall be kept until at least two years after the patient has reached the age
of 19 years or until seven years following the discharge of the patient, whichever is longer. Records consisting of
X-ray film are required to be retained for five years.
- (b) The department shall by regulation define the types of records and the information required to be included in the
records retained and preserved under (a) of this section. The department may by regulation specify records and
information to be retained for longer periods than those set out in (a) of this section.
- (c) If a hospital ceases operation, it shall make immediate arrangements, as approved by the department, for the
preservation of its records.
- (d) This section is subject to AS 18.23.100
- (e) In this section, "hospital" includes those facilities defined as hospitals under AS 18.20.130
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.