Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 20. Hospitals and Nursing Facilities
- Section 75. Risk Management.
previous: Section 50
. - 18.20.070l Denial, Suspension, or Revocation of License; Regulations and Standards; Compliance with Regulations. [Repealed, Sec. 45 Ch 57 SLA 2005].
next: Section 76
. Reports of Suspended or Revoked Staff Privileges. [Repealed, Sec. 21 Ch 87 SLA 1987].
AS 18.20.075. Risk Management.
- (a) To be eligible for a license, each hospital shall have in operation an internal risk management program that shall
- (1) investigate the frequency and causes of incidents in hospitals that cause injury to patients;
- (2) develop and implement measures to minimize the risk of injury to patients; in developing these measures each hospital
shall take into account recommendations of its medical staff, private underwriters, industry standards, experience of
other hospitals, and recommendations of licensing boards of other health care providers; and
- (3) analyze patient grievances that relate to patient care.
- (b) The department shall adopt by regulation standards for the risk management programs in hospitals in the state which
may vary according to the size of the hospital, the type of care offered by the hospital, and other factors found
relevant by the department. Regulations adopted under this subsection are subject to AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.