Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Abortions
- Section 90. Definitions.
previous: Section 60
. Informed Consent Requirements.
next: Chapter 18
. Hospice and Home Care Programs
AS 18.16.090. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "abortion" means the use or prescription of an instrument, medicine, drug, or other substance or device to terminate
the pregnancy of a woman known to be pregnant, except that "abortion" does not include the termination of a pregnancy
if done with the intent to
- (A) save the life or preserve the health of the unborn child;
- (B) deliver the unborn child prematurely to preserve the health of both the pregnant woman and the woman's child; or
- (C) remove a dead unborn child;
- (2) "unemancipated" means that a woman who is unmarried and under 17 years of age has not done any of the following:
- (A) entered the armed services of the United States;
- (B) become employed and self-subsisting;
- (C) been emancipated under AS 09.55.590
- (D) otherwise become independent from the care and control of the woman's parent, guardian, or custodian.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.