Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 18. Health, Safety, and Housing
- Chapter 16. Regulation of Abortions
- Section 50. Partial-Birth Abortions.
previous: Section 30
. Judicial Bypass For Minor Seeking An Abortion.
next: Section 60
. Informed Consent Requirements.
AS 18.16.050. Partial-Birth Abortions.
- (a) Notwithstanding compliance with AS 18.16.010
, a person may not knowingly perform a partial-birth abortion unless a partial-birth abortion is necessary to save the
life of a mother whose life is endangered by a physical disorder, illness, or injury and no other medical procedure
would suffice for that purpose. Violation of this subsection is a class C felony.
- (b) A woman upon whom a partial-birth abortion is performed may not be prosecuted under this section or under any other
law if the prosecution is based on this section.
- (c) In this section, "partial-birth abortion" means an abortion in which the person performing the abortion partially
vaginally delivers a living fetus before killing the fetus and completing the delivery.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.