Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 20. Alaska Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Section 140. Adulterated Cosmetics.
previous: Section 135
next: Section 150
. Misbranded Cosmetics.
AS 17.20.140. Adulterated Cosmetics.
A cosmetic is adulterated if
- (1) it bears or contains a poisonous or deleterious substance which may render it injurious to a user under the conditions
of use prescribed in the labeling or advertisement of it, or under conditions of use which are customary or usual;
however, this provision does not apply to coal tar hair dye, the label of which bears the following legend
conspicuously displayed: "Caution - this product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain
individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made. This product must not be
used for dyeing the eyelashes or eyebrows; to do so may cause blindness." and the labeling of which bears adequate
directions for preliminary testing, and for the purposes of this paragraph and (5) of this section the term "hair dye"
does not include eyelash dyes or eyebrow dyes;
- (2) it consists in whole or in part of a filthy, putrid, or decomposed substance;
- (3) it has been produced, prepared, packed, or held under insanitary conditions by which it may have become contaminated
with filth or made injurious to health;
- (4) its container is composed, in whole or in part, of a poisonous or deleterious substance which may make the contents
injurious to health;
- (5) it is not a hair dye and it bears or contains a coal tar color other than one from a batch which has been certified
under authority of the federal act.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.