Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 17. Food and Drugs
- Chapter 6. Sale of Organic Meat, Fish, Poultry, and Processed Foods
- Section 60. Enforcement.
previous: Section 50
next: Section 70
AS 17.06.060. Enforcement.
- (a) If the department determines that a person is violating a provision of this chapter, or a regulation adopted under
this chapter, the department shall order the person to stop the violation and to refrain from future violations.
- (b) If a person violates this chapter, a regulation adopted under this chapter, or an order issued under (a) of this
section, the person is liable to the state for
- (1) a civil fine that does not exceed the total of $1,000 plus the state's estimated costs of investigating and taking
appropriate administrative and enforcement actions for the violation; and
- (2) an additional civil penalty of three times the value of the product knowingly sold in violation of this chapter.
- (c) The provisions of this section are in addition to the remedies available under AS 45.50.471
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.