Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 51. Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Section 180. Definitions.
previous: Section 170
. Enforcement of Assessments.
next: Chapter 52
. Fishery Industrial Technology Center
AS 16.51.180. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "board" means the board of directors of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute;
- (2) "eligible processor" means a processor who would be liable for payment of a seafood marketing assessment levied under
- (3) "institute" means the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute;
- (4) "processor" means a person who is liable for
- (A) the tax imposed under AS 43.75.015
- (B) the tax imposed under AS 43.75.100
- (C) the landing tax imposed under AS 43.77;
- (5) "produce" means perform an activity upon which a tax is imposed under AS 43.75 or AS 43.77, including the purchase, production, landing, or export of a
- (6) "promote or make a contract that promotes seafood" means to advertise or publicize, or make a contract for advertising
or publicizing, the use, value, attractiveness, or quality of seafood;
- (7) "seafood" means finfish, shellfish, and fish by-products, including but not limited to salmon, halibut, herring,
flounder, crab, clam, cod, shrimp, and pollock, but does not include aquatic farm products as defined in AS 16.40.199
- (8) [Repealed, Sec. 13 ch 81 SLA 1996].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.