Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 51. Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
- Section 100. Duties of Board.
previous: Section 95
. Executive Budget Act.
next: Section 110
. Prohibited Promotions.
AS 16.51.100. Duties of Board.
The board shall
- (1) conduct programs of education, research, advertising, or sales promotion designed to accomplish the purposes of this
- (2) promote all species of seafood and their by-products that are harvested in the state and processed for sale;
- (3) develop market-oriented quality specifications for Alaska seafood to be used in developing a high quality image for
Alaska seafood in domestic and world markets, and adopt and distribute recommendations regarding the handling of
seafood from the moment of capture to final distribution;
- (4) prepare market research and product development plans for the promotion of all species of seafood and their
by-products that are harvested in the state and processed for sale;
- (5) submit an annual report to the governor describing the activities of the institute and notify the legislature that the
report is available;
- (6) develop marketing programs based on the "inspection" and "premium quality" seals designed under AS 17.20.066
and use the seals in advertising and promotion efforts of the institute;
- (7) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 55 SLA 1993].
- (8) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 55 SLA 1993].
- (9) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 55 SLA 1993].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.