Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 227. Southeast Alaska Dungeness Crab Fishery.
previous: Section 225
. Moratorium On New Entrants Into Certain Fisheries.
next: Section 228
. Southeast Alaska Dive Fisheries.
AS 16.43.227. Southeast Alaska Dungeness Crab Fishery.
- (a) The commission may establish a moratorium on new entrants into the southeast Alaska dungeness crab fishery for a
continuous period of up to four years without complying with AS 16.43.225
(a) - (c). While the moratorium is in effect, the commission shall
- (1) conduct the investigation required under AS 16.43.225
- (2) establish by regulation the qualifications for an interim-use permit for the fishery, including minimum requirements
for past or present participation and harvest in the fishery; and
- (3) issue interim-use permits for the fishery to applicants who satisfy the qualifications established under (2) of this
subsection and who establish the present ability and intent to participate actively in the fishery.
- (b) Notwithstanding AS 16.43.225
, for the purposes of this chapter
- (1) an interim-use permit issued under this section shall be treated as an interim-use permit issued under AS 16.43.225
- (2) a moratorium established under this section shall be treated as a moratorium established under AS 16.43.225
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.