Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 43. Regulation of Entry Into Alaska Commercial Fisheries
- Section 210. Interim-Use Permit; Qualifications.
previous: Section 200
. Administrative Areas.
next: Section 220
. Terms and Conditions of Interim-Use Permits.
AS 16.43.210. Interim-Use Permit; Qualifications.
- (a) For each fishery that is not subject to a maximum number of entry permits under AS 16.43.240
and not subject to a moratorium under AS 16.43.225,
the commission shall issue interim-use permits under regulations adopted by the commission to all applicants who can
establish their present ability to participate actively in the fishery for which they are making application.
- (b) Before the issuance of the maximum number of entry permits for a given fishery, the commission may issue an
interim-use permit to an applicant who may later become eligible for an entry permit under AS 16.43.270.
- (c) To the extent that the commissioner of fish and game authorizes it under AS 16.05.050
(a)(9), the commission may grant an interim-use permit to a person to engage in the commercial taking from a fishery
on an experimental basis.
- (d) The sustained yield management and economic health of the following fisheries is severely impaired as a result, among
other factors, of too many units of gear participating in the commercial harvest:
- (1) Bristol Bay registration area - drift gillnet fishery;
- (2) Cook Inlet registration area - drift gillnet fishery;
- (3) Prince William Sound registration area - drift gillnet fishery.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 69 ch 6 SLA 1984].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.