Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 270. Sport Fishing Guide License.
previous: Section 260
. Sport Fishing Operator License.
next: Section 280
AS 16.40.270. Sport Fishing Guide License.
- (a) A natural person may obtain an annual sport fishing guide license if the person
- (1) is a citizen of the United States, Canada, or Mexico, or is a resident alien;
- (2) is certified in first aid by the American Red Cross or a similar organization;
- (3) holds a license to carry passengers for hire issued by the United States Coast Guard if the person operates a vessel
in the provision of sport fishing guide services and the license is required by the United States Coast Guard for the
area in which the fishing guide provides fishing guide services;
- (4) holds a current sport fishing license from this state;
- (5) pays the license fee prescribed by AS 16.05.340
- (6) satisfies all additional requirements adopted in regulation by the Board of Fisheries.
- (b) A natural person may obtain an annual sport fishing operator and sport fishing guide combined license if the person
satisfies the requirements for a sport fishing operator license under AS 16.40.260
and for a sport fishing guide license under this section and pays the license fee prescribed by AS 16.05.340
- (c) A person may not provide sport fishing guide services unless the person
- (1) holds a current sport fishing guide license; and
- (2) holds a current sport fishing operator license or is an employee of a person who holds a current sport fishing
- (d) A sport fishing guide may provide sport fishing guide services only to persons who have engaged the services of the
sport fishing operator by whom the sport fishing guide is employed. A sport fishing guide may not contract directly
with a person to provide sport fishing guide services to a person unless the sport fishing guide also holds a current
sport fishing operator license.
- (e) While engaged in providing sport fishing guide services, a sport fishing guide shall have readily available for
- (1) a current sport fishing guide license;
- (2) the current licenses, tags, and permits that are required to engage in the sport fishery for which the sport fishing
guide services are being provided;
- (3) a driver's license or similar identification card that is issued by a state or federal agency and that bears a
photograph of the fishing guide; and
- (4) proof of
- (A) employment as a sport fishing guide by a person who holds a current sport fishing operator license; or
- (B) current licensure as a sport fishing operator.
- (f) A sport fishing guide may not
- (1) aid in the commission of a violation of AS 16.05 - AS 16.40 or a regulation adopted under AS 16.05 - AS 16.40 by a client of the sport fishing guide; or
- (2) permit the commission by a client of the sport fishing guide of a violation of AS 16.05 - AS 16.40 or a regulation adopted under AS 16.05 - AS 16.40 that the sport fishing guide knows or reasonably believes is
being or will be committed without
- (A) attempting to prevent it, short of using force; and
- (B) reporting the violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.