Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 40. Commercial Use of Fish and Game
- Section 140. Limitation On Sale, Transfer of Stock, and Products.
previous: Section 130
. Importation of Aquatic Plants or Shellfish For Stock.
next: Section 150
. Disease Control and Inspection.
AS 16.40.140. Limitation On Sale, Transfer of Stock, and Products.
- (a) A private hatchery required to have a permit under AS 16.40.100
may sell or transfer stock from the hatchery only to an aquatic farm or other hatchery that has a permit issued under
, except that shellfish stock may also be sold or offered for sale to an aquatic farm or related hatchery outside of
- (b) Stock may not be transferred to or from an aquatic farm or hatchery required to have a permit under AS 16.40.100
without prior notice of the transfer to the commissioner. A notice of transfer shall be submitted at least 45 days
before the proposed date of transfer.
- (c) A notice of transfer must be accompanied by a report of a health inspection of the stock. The department shall conduct
the inspection or contract with a disease diagnostician to conduct the inspection. The cost of inspection shall be
borne by the department.
- (d) The department may restrict or disapprove a transfer of stock if it finds that the transfer would present a risk of
- (e) A person may not sell, transfer, or offer to sell or transfer, or knowingly purchase or receive, an aquatic farm
product grown or propagated in the state unless the product was grown or propagated on a farm with a permit issued
under AS 16.40.100
. The permit must be in effect at the time of the sale, transfer, purchase, receipt, or offer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.