Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 20. Conservation and Protection of Alaska Fish and Game
- Section 610. Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area.
previous: Section 605
. Anchor River and Fritz Creek Critical Habitat Area Established.
next: Section 615
. Tugidak Island Critical Habitat Area.
AS 16.20.610. Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area.
- (a) The purpose of the Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area is the protection and enhancement of the wet meadow habitat that
is the key roosting area for migrating lesser sandhill cranes, for the protection of lesser sandhill cranes, and for
the continued public use and enjoyment of the area.
- (b) The following described area is established as the Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area:
Township 40 South, Range 58 East, Copper River Meridian
Section 2: W1/2
Sections 9 - 10
Section 11: W1/2NE1/4, W1/2
Section 14: Lot 3, NW1/4, N1/2SW1/4, SW1/4SW1/4
Section 16: N1/2, SE1/4.
- (c) The Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area described in (b) of this section shall be managed under a management plan
prepared and implemented by the department in consultation with the community of Gustavus and the Board of Game.
- (d) The department shall allow public uses, including fishing, hunting, trapping, mechanized and nonmechanized public
access, grazing, firewood harvesting, wildlife viewing, hiking, and berry picking under the management plan adopted
under (c) of this section to the extent that the activities are compatible with (a) of this section.
- (e) The legislature understands that a portion of the state land described in (b) of this section is mental health trust
land of the state and the legislature intends that the land retain its status as mental health trust land,
notwithstanding its inclusion in the Dude Creek Critical Habitat Area.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.