Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 510. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner.
previous: Section 507
. Special Account Established.
next: Section 520
. Limitation On Loans.
AS 16.10.510. Powers and Duties of the Commissioner.
The commissioner may
- (1) make loans to permit holders, under AS 16.10.400
- 16.10.470, including those holders issued permits
before June 24, 1977, for the planning, construction, and operation of hatchery facilities;
- (2) make loans to qualified regional associations that have formed a nonprofit corporation or a local nonprofit
corporation approved by a qualified regional association, for preconstruction activities necessary to obtain a permit;
- (3) designate agents and delegate powers to them as necessary;
- (4) adopt regulations necessary to carry out the provisions of AS 16.10.500 - 16.10.560, including regulations to establish reasonable
fees for services provided;
- (5) establish amortization plans for repayment of loans, not to exceed 30 years unless the commissioner has extended the
term of the loan beyond 30 years under (11) of this section;
- (6) establish the rate of interest for loans not to exceed nine and one-half percent a year;
- (7) establish regional and local offices and advisory groups to carry out, or assist in carrying out, the duties and
authority of the commissioner;
- (8) make grants for organizational and planning purposes to qualified regional associations that have formed a nonprofit
corporation, in amounts not exceeding $100,000 per region and up to an additional $100,000 on a 50/50 cash matching
basis with the regional associations that have an authorized royalty assessment under AS 16.10.540
; the state portion of the matching share shall be available when a final vote for assessments is made under AS 16.10.540
; this provision also applies to qualified regional associations that have formed a nonprofit corporation before June
- (9) make loans to qualified regional associations that have formed a nonprofit corporation or to local nonprofit
corporations approved by qualified regional associations for planning and implementation of fisheries enhancement and
rehabilitation activities including, but not limited to, lake fertilization and habitat improvement;
- (10) refinance a debt obligation incurred by a borrower under this section if the borrower otherwise qualifies for a loan
under AS 16.10.500 - 16.10.560; the interest rate for a loan to refinance a
debt obligation incurred under this section may not exceed the interest rate that is in effect for new loans under this
section at the time that the loan commitment for the refinancing loan is made; a loan made under this paragraph is not
subject to AS 16.10.525
- (11) extend the term of a loan made under this section if the commissioner finds that extension of the term of the loan
would alleviate an undue financial hardship on the borrower; the commissioner shall submit annually a report to the
legislature summarizing the commissioner's decisions during the prior calendar year to approve or deny requests to
extend loans under this paragraph and the reasons for the decisions;
- (12) charge and collect the fees established under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.