Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 10. Fisheries and Fishing Regulations
- Section 380. Regional Associations.
previous: Section 375
. Regional Salmon Plans.
next: Section 400
. Permits For Salmon Hatcheries.
AS 16.10.380. Regional Associations.
- (a) The commissioner shall assist in and encourage the formation of qualified regional associations for the purpose of
enhancing salmon production. A regional association is qualified if the commissioner determines that it
- (1) is comprised of associations representative of commercial fishermen in the region;
- (2) includes representatives of other user groups interested in fisheries within the region who wish to belong; and
- (3) possesses a board of directors that includes no less than one representative of each user group that belongs to the
- (b) A qualified regional association, when it becomes a nonprofit corporation under AS 10.20, is established as a service area in the unorganized borough
under AS 29.03.020
for the purpose of providing salmon enhancement services.
- (c) In this section "user group" includes, but is not limited to, sport fishermen, processors, commercial fishermen,
subsistence fishermen, and representatives of local communities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.