Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 930. Exempted Activities.
previous: Section 925
. Penalty For Violations.
next: Section 935
. Restrictions On Cooperation With Federal Government.
AS 16.05.930. Exempted Activities.
- (a) This chapter does not prevent the collection or exportation of fish and game, a part of fish or game or a nest or egg
of a bird for scientific or educational purposes, or for propagation or exhibition purposes under a permit that the
department may issue and prescribe the terms thereof.
- (b) This chapter does not prohibit a person from taking fish or game during the closed season, in case of dire emergency,
as defined by regulation adopted by the appropriate board.
- (c) AS 16.05.920
and 16.05.921 do not prohibit rearing and sale of
fish from private ponds, the raising of wild animals in captivity for food, or the raising of game birds for the
purpose of recreational hunting on game hunting preserves, under regulations adopted by the appropriate board. In this
subsection, "animals" includes all animal life, including insects and bugs.
- (d) Nondomestic animals of any species may not be transferred or transported from the state under (a) of this section
unless approved by the Board of Game in regular or special meeting. Animals transferred or transported under (a) of
this section shall be animals that are certified by the department to be surplus and unnecessary to the sustained yield
management of the resource. Each application for a permit under (a) of this section shall be accompanied by a
statement prepared by the department examining the probable environmental impact of the action.
- (e) This chapter does not prevent the traditional barter of fish and game taken by subsistence hunting or fishing, except
that the commissioner may prohibit the barter of subsistence-taken fish and game by regulation, emergency or otherwise,
if a determination on the record is made that the barter is resulting in a waste of the resource, damage to fish stocks
or game populations, or circumvention of fish or game management programs.
- (f) A permit may not be required for possessing, importing, or exporting mink and fox for fur farming purposes.
- (g) AS 16.05.330
- 16.05.723 do not apply to an activity authorized by
a permit issued under AS 16.40.100
or 16.40.120, or to a person or vessel employed in an
activity authorized by a permit issued under AS 16.40.100 or 16.40.120.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.