Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 835. Maximum Length of Salmon Seine and Certain Hair Crab Vessels.
previous: Section 831
. Waste of Salmon.
next: Section 840
. - 16.05.860l [Repealed, E.O. No. 107, Sec. 44 (2003). For Current Law, See AS 41.14.840
AS 16.05.835. Maximum Length of Salmon Seine and Certain Hair Crab Vessels.
- (a) Unless the Board of Fisheries has provided by regulation for the use of a longer vessel in a salmon seine fishery, a
salmon seine vessel may not be longer than 58 feet overall length except vessels that have fished for salmon with
seines in waters of the state before January 1, 1962, as 50-foot, official Coast Guard register length vessels.
- (b) A vessel engaged in the Bering Sea hair crab fishery within five miles of the shore may not be longer than 58
feet overall length.
- (c) In this section, "overall length" means the straight line length between the extremities of the vessel excluding
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.