Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 825. State Upland Game Bird Release Program.
previous: Section 820
. Research By the Federal Government.
next: Section 826
. Waterfowl Conservation Stamp Program.
AS 16.05.825. State Upland Game Bird Release Program.
- (a) In addition to any other program for the stocking or propagation of game birds that the department has as of July 23,
1974, the department shall establish a special program for the raising, maintenance, and release of upland game birds
in the state. Birds raised under this program may be released in an appropriate area of the state, at any time, but
may be harvested only during regular hunting seasons, as specified by the board under AS 16.05.255
(a)(2). The board shall adopt regulations necessary to implement this section.
- (b) The department shall establish an appropriate facility for the raising and maintenance of upland game birds to be
located at an appropriate place, as determined by the commissioner, in interior Alaska.
- (c) The department shall employ a method of tagging game birds released under this section and compile harvest statistics.
- (d) In this section, "upland game bird" means a game bird for which a season is established under AS 16.05.255
(a)(2) as of July 23, 1974, excluding waterfowl.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.