Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 797. Computer-Assisted Remote Hunting Prohibited.
previous: Section 792
. - 16.05.796. Qualifications of Master Guides; License Not Required; Use of Title. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 32 SLA 1968. For Current Law, See AS 08.54
next: Section 798
. Master Guides. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 32 SLA 1968. For Current Law, See AS 08.54
AS 16.05.797. Computer-Assisted Remote Hunting Prohibited.
- (a) A person may not engage in computer-assisted remote hunting or provide or operate a facility for computer-
assisted remote hunting in the state. This subsection applies to any person engaged in computer-assisted remote hunting if the game or
any device, equipment, or software used for computer-assisted remote hunting is located in the state.
- (b) This section does not apply to a person with physical disabilities using equipment or devices designed to
assist with the disability while present in the field and meaningfully participating in the act of hunting under regulations adopted by
the Board of Game.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "computer-assisted remote hunting" means the use of a computer or any other device, equipment, or software
to remotely control the aiming and discharge of a firearm, bow and arrow, or any other weapon used to hunt any game bird, game animal,
or fur-bearing animal while not in the physical presence of the animal;
- (2) "facility" means real property and improvements on the real property associated with computer-assisted remote hunting.
- (d) A person who violates (a) of this section is, upon conviction, guilty of a class A misdemeanor. If a
violation is continuing in nature, each day the violation continues constitutes a separate offense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.