Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 780. Taking of Antlerless Moose Prohibited.
previous: Section 735
. Management of Offshore Fisheries.
next: Section 782
. Taking of Brown or Grizzly Bear Near Solid Waste Disposal Facility Prohibited.
AS 16.05.780. Taking of Antlerless Moose Prohibited.
- (a) The taking of antlerless moose in any game management unit or subunit or a portion of a unit or subunit is prohibited
except that antlerless moose may be taken only under regulations adopted under (b) of this section after
- (1) the department recommends the season be opened in that year, based on biological evidence, and
- (2) a majority of active local advisory committees for that unit or subunit have recommended an opening for that year,
after each has taken a vote and a majority of the members of those committees have voted in the affirmative.
- (b) Pursuant to (a) of this section the board, in its regularly scheduled annual game board meeting, may adopt regulations
for the taking of antlerless moose in any game management unit or subunit in any year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.