Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 16. Fish and Game
- Chapter 5. Fish and Game Code
- Section 94. Duties of Section of Subsistence Hunting and Fishing.
previous: Section 92
. Fisheries Rehabilitation, Enhancement, and Development.
next: Section 100
. Fish and Game Fund Established.
AS 16.05.094. Duties of Section of Subsistence Hunting and Fishing.
The section of subsistence hunting and fishing shall
- (1) compile existing data and conduct studies to gather information, including data from subsistence users, on all aspects
of the role of subsistence hunting and fishing in the lives of the residents of the state;
- (2) quantify the amount, nutritional value, and extent of dependence on food acquired through subsistence hunting and
- (3) make information gathered available to the public, appropriate agencies, and other organized bodies;
- (4) assist the department, the Board of Fisheries, and the Board of Game in determining what uses of fish and game, as
well as which users and what methods, should be termed subsistence uses, users, and methods;
- (5) evaluate the impact of state and federal laws and regulations on subsistence hunting and fishing and, when corrective
action is indicated, make recommendations to the department;
- (6) make recommendations to the Board of Game and the Board of Fisheries regarding adoption, amendment, and repeal of
regulations affecting subsistence hunting and fishing;
- (7) participate with other divisions in the preparation of statewide and regional management plans so that those plans
recognize and incorporate the needs of subsistence users of fish and game.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.