Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 60. General Provisions
- Section 5. Readability of Certain Election Materials.
previous: Chapter 60
. General Provisions
next: Section 7
. Sale of Voter Registration and Election Management Software.
AS 15.60.005. Readability of Certain Election Materials.
- (a) The policy of the state is to prepare a ballot proposition that is clear, concise, and easily readable. The form of
each ballot proposition shall be scored under (c) of this section. The policy of the state is to prepare a ballot
proposition that is scored at approximately 60.
- (b) Each neutral summary prepared for the voter's pamphlet shall be scored under (c) of this section. The policy of the
state is to prepare a neutral summary that is scored at approximately 60.
- (c) A ballot proposition or neutral summary shall be scored using the following procedures:
- (1) disregard numbers;
- (2) multiply the average sentence length in words by 1.015;
- (3) multiply the average number of syllables for each 100 words by .846;
- (4) subtract the total of (2) and (3) from 206.835.
- (d) A court may not enjoin the conduct or results of an election for a failure to comply with (a) or (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.