Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 560. Preparation of Petition.
previous: Section 550
. Bases of Denial of Certification.
next: Section 570
. Statement of Warning.
AS 15.45.560. Preparation of Petition.
- (a) The director shall prepare a sufficient number of sequentially numbered petitions to allow full circulation
throughout the state or throughout the senate or house district of the official sought to be recalled. Each petition must contain
- (1) the name and office of the person to be recalled;
- (2) the statement of the grounds for recall included in the application;
- (3) a statement of minimum costs to the state associated with certification of the recall application, review of
the recall petition, and conduct of a special election, excluding legal costs to the state and the costs to the state of any challenge
to the validity of the petition;
- (4) an estimate of the cost to the state of recalling the official;
- (5) the statement of warning required in AS 15.45.570;
- (6) sufficient space for the printed name, a numerical identifier, the signature, the date of signature, and the
address of each person signing the petition; and
- (7) other specifications prescribed by the director to ensure proper handling and control.
- (b) Upon request of the recall committee, the lieutenant governor shall report to the committee the number of
persons who voted in the preceding general election in the state or in the district of the official sought to be recalled by the recall
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.