Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 45. Initiative, Referendum, and Recall
- Section 90. Preparation of Petition.
previous: Section 80
. Bases of Denial of Certification.
next: Section 100
. Statement of Warning.
AS 15.45.090. Preparation of Petition.
- (a) If the application is certified, the lieutenant governor shall prepare a sufficient number of sequentially
numbered petitions to allow full circulation throughout the state. Each petition must contain
- (1) a copy of the proposed bill if the number of words included in both the formal and substantive provisions of the
bill is 500 or less;
- (2) an impartial summary of the subject matter of the bill;
- (3) a statement of minimum costs to the state associated with certification of the initiative application and
review of the initiative petition, excluding legal costs to the state and the costs to the state of any challenge to the validity of the
- (4) an estimate of the cost to the state of implementing the proposed law;
- (5) the statement of warning prescribed in AS 15.45.100 ;
- (6) sufficient space for the printed name, a numerical identifier, the signature, the date of signature, and the
address of each person signing the petition; and
- (7) other specifications prescribed by the lieutenant governor to ensure proper handling and control.
- (b) Upon request of the initiative committee, the lieutenant governor shall report to the committee the number
of persons who voted in the preceding general election.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.