Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 20. Special Procedures For Elections
- Section 64. Early Voting.
previous: Section 62
. , 15.20.065l Applications For Ballot By Personal Representative. [Repealed, Sec. 231 Ch 100 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 15.20.061
next: Section 66
. Absentee Voting By Electronic Transmission.
AS 15.20.064. Early Voting.
- (a) For 15 days before an election and on election day, a qualified voter who meets the requirements set out in this
section may vote in locations designated by the director.
- (b) The election supervisor or other election official shall issue a ballot to the voter upon
- (1) exhibition of proof of identification as required in AS 15.15.225;
- (2) verification that the voter's residence address appearing on the official registration list is current; and
- (3) the voter's signing the early voting register.
- (c) After the voter has marked the ballot, the voter shall place the ballot in the secrecy sleeve and inform the election
supervisor or other election official. The voter shall deposit the ballot in the ballot box in the presence of the
election supervisor or other election official unless the voter requests the election supervisor or other election
official to deposit the ballot on the voter's behalf. The tabulation of early voting ballots may not begin before 8:00
p.m. prevailing time on election day.
- (d) The director shall designate locations for early voting by June 1 of an election year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.