Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 15. Elections and Ballots
- Section 430. Scope of the Review of Ballot Counting.
previous: Section 420
. Duty to Review the Ballot Counting.
next: Section 440
. State Ballot Counting Review.
AS 15.15.430. Scope of the Review of Ballot Counting.
- (a) The review of ballot counting by the director shall include only
- (1) a review of the precinct registers, tallies, and ballots cast;
- (2) a review of absentee and questioned ballots as prescribed by law; and
- (3) unless the ballot for the election district contains nothing but uncontested offices, a hand count of
ballots from one randomly selected precinct in each election district that accounts for at least five percent of the ballots cast in
- (b) If, following the ballot review set out in (a) of this section, the director finds there is a discrepancy
of more than one percent between the results of the hand count under (a)(3) of this section and the count certified by the election
board, the director shall conduct a hand count of the ballots from that district.
- (c) If the director finds an unexplained discrepancy in the ballot count in any precinct, the director may count
the ballots from that precinct.
- (d) The director shall certify in writing to the state ballot counting review board and publish on the
division's Internet website any changes resulting from a count performed under (b) or (c) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.