Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 15. Elections and Ballots
- Section 225. Voter Identification at Polls.
previous: Section 220
. Administration of Oaths.
next: Section 230
. Providing Ballot to Voter.
AS 15.15.225. Voter Identification at Polls.
- (a) Before being allowed to vote, each voter shall exhibit to an election official one form of identification, including
- (1) an official voter registration card, driver's license, state identification card, current and valid photo
identification, birth certificate, passport, or hunting or fishing license; or
- (2) an original or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government
document; an item exhibited under this paragraph must show the name and current address of the voter.
- (b) An election official may waive the identification requirement if the election official knows the identity of the
voter. The identification requirement may not be waived for voters who are first-time voters who initially registered
by mail or by facsimile or other electronic transmission approved by the director under AS 15.07.050, and did not provide identification as required
in AS 15.07.060.
- (c) A voter who cannot exhibit a required form of identification shall be allowed to vote a questioned ballot.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.