Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 15. Elections and Ballots
- Section 198. Voters Not On Official Registration List.
previous: Section 195
. Voters On Official Registration List.
next: Section 200
. Questioning of Voter of Doubtful Qualification. [Repealed, Sec. 38 Ch 116 SLA 1972].
AS 15.15.198. Voters Not On Official Registration List.
- (a) If a voter's name does not appear on the official registration list in the precinct in which the voter seeks to vote,
the election official shall affirmatively advise the voter that the voter may cast a questioned ballot, and the voter
shall be allowed to vote a questioned ballot. At the time the voter casts a questioned ballot, the voter shall be given
written information stating that the voter will be able to ascertain whether the ballot was counted and, if not
counted, the reason the ballot was not counted.
- (b) A person whose registration is inactive under AS 15.07.130
(b) and who votes a questioned or absentee ballot shall have the ballot counted if
- (1) the person was registered to vote in the last four calendar years;
- (2) the person signs a statement to that effect; and
- (3) the earlier registration is verified by the director.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.