Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
- Section 112. Uses of Campaign Contributions Held By Candidate or Group.
previous: Section 110
. Filing of Reports.
next: Section 114
. Disposition of Prohibited Contributions.
AS 15.13.112. Uses of Campaign Contributions Held By Candidate or Group.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided, campaign contributions held by a candidate or group may be used only to pay the expenses
of the candidate or group, and the campaign expenses incurred by the candidate or group, that reasonably relate to
election campaign activities, and in those cases only as authorized by this chapter.
- (b) Campaign contributions held by a candidate or group may not be
- (1) used to give a personal benefit to the candidate or to another person;
- (2) converted to personal income of the candidate;
- (3) loaned to a person;
- (4) knowingly used to pay more than the fair market value for goods or services purchased for the campaign;
- (5) used to pay a criminal fine;
- (6) used to pay civil penalties; however, campaign contributions held by a candidate or group may be used to pay a civil
penalty assessed under this chapter if authorized by the commission or a court after it first determines that
- (A) the candidate, campaign treasurer, and deputy campaign treasurer did not cause or participate in the violation for
which the civil penalty is imposed and exercised a reasonable level of oversight over the campaign; and
- (B) the candidate, campaign treasurer, and deputy campaign treasurer cooperated in the revelation of the violation and in
its immediate correction; or
- (7) used to make contributions to another candidate or to a group; however, it is not a violation of this
paragraph if, in circumstances in which a candidate or group participates in a shared campaign activity, the candidate or group
participating in the activity
- (A) uses campaign contributions of the candidate or group for payment of
- (i) all of the shared campaign activity expense; or
- (ii) more than the candidate's or group's pro rata share of the activity expense; and
- (B) receives, within seven days after payment of the expense, complete reimbursement of the amount of campaign
contributions used for payments made on behalf of another candidate or group participating in the activity.
- (c) A candidate may use up to a total of $1,000 in campaign contributions in a year to pay the cost of
- (1) attending, or paying the cost for guests of the candidate to attend, an event or other function sponsored by a
political party or subordinate unit of a political party;
- (2) membership in a political party, subordinate unit of a political party, or other entity within a political party, or
subscription to a publication from a political party; and
- (3) co-sponsorship of an event or other function sponsored by a political party or by a subordinate unit of a political
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.