Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 10. Election Districts, Election Officials, and Redistricting
- Section 200. Definition of "Decennial Census of the United States" and Use of Census Numbers By Redistricting Board.
previous: Section 180
. Appointment of State Ballot Counting Review Board.
next: Section 210
. Expenditures For Population Surveys or Sampling Prohibited.
AS 15.10.200. Definition of "Decennial Census of the United States" and Use of Census Numbers By Redistricting Board.
- (a) In art. VI, Constitution of the State of Alaska, reference to the official decennial census of the United States is a
reference to the census enumeration used to establish apportionment among the several states.
- (b) In adopting a redistricting plan under art. VI, Constitution of the State of Alaska, the redistricting board may not
adjust the census numbers by using estimates, population surveys, or sampling for the purpose of excluding or
discriminating among persons counted based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, occupation, military or
civilian status, or length of residency.
- (c) A qualified voter may bring an action in the superior court against the redistricting board to enforce the provisions
of (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.