Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 10. Election Districts, Election Officials, and Redistricting
- Section 108. Youth Vote Ambassador Program.
previous: Section 107
. Staff Training.
next: Section 110
. Appointment of Election Supervisors.
AS 15.10.108. Youth Vote Ambassador Program.
- (a) The youth vote ambassador program is established in the division of elections.
- (b) In order to serve as a member of the youth vote ambassador program, an individual must
- (1) be a student age 16 or older
- (A) enrolled in a public or private high school program in this state; or
- (B) being educated in the student's home by a parent or legal guardian in this state under AS 14.30.010
- (2) volunteer to serve in the youth vote ambassador program and be appointed to the youth vote ambassador program by the
director of elections; and
- (3) if appointed, agree to complete a program of training as determined by the director of elections.
- (c) An election supervisor may appoint a member of the youth vote ambassador program to serve on a precinct election board
appointed under AS 15.10.120
. A program member who is appointed to serve on an election board under this subsection serves under the supervision of
the chairperson for that board.
- (d) A member of the program who is appointed under (c) of this section is compensated as provided in AS 15.15.380
only for service on the election board of the precinct.
- (e) A member of the program may provide unpaid volunteer services related to education and outreach on state elections as
directed by, and under the supervision of, the director of elections.
- (f) In this section, "program" means the youth vote ambassador program.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.