Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 15. Elections
- Chapter 10. Election Districts, Election Officials, and Redistricting
- Section 105. Division of Elections; Personnel Rules.
previous: Section 100
. Judicial Review of Precinct Boundary.
next: Section 107
. Staff Training.
AS 15.10.105. Division of Elections; Personnel Rules.
- (a) The division of elections is created. The lieutenant governor shall control and supervise the division of elections. The lieutenant governor shall appoint a
director of elections. The director shall act for the lieutenant governor in the supervision of central and regional
election offices, the hiring, performance evaluation, promotion, termination, and all other matters relating to the
employment and training of election personnel, and the administration of all state elections as well as those municipal
elections that the state is required to conduct. The director is responsible for the coordination of state
responsibilities under 42 U.S.C. 1973gg (National Voter Registration Act of 1993). The director serves at the pleasure
of the lieutenant governor.
- (b) It is essential that the nonpartisan nature, integrity, credibility, and impartiality of the administration of
elections be maintained. To that end,
- (1) the director of elections, the election supervisors appointed under AS 15.10.110
, and the full-time members of the director's staff
- (A) may not join, support or otherwise participate in a partisan political organization, faction, or activity, including
but not limited to the making of political contributions; and
- (B) may not hold or campaign for elective office, be an officer of a political party or member or officer of a political
committee, permit their name to be used, or make any contributions, in support of or in opposition to a candidate or a
ballot proposition or question, participate in any way in a national, state, or local election campaign, or lobby or
employ or assist a lobbyist;
- (2) the full-time employees of the division of elections, except for the director of elections and the elections
supervisors appointed under AS 15.10.110
, are subject to the personnel rules adopted under the authority of AS 39.25.150
(7), (15), and (16); and
- (3) the director of elections, the election supervisors appointed under AS 15.10.110
, and the full-time members of the director's staff may, notwithstanding (1) of this subsection, express private
opinion, register as to political party, and vote.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.