Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 57. Museums
- Section 120. Criteria Applicable to Acquisitions From the Fund.
previous: Section 110
. Ownership of Acquired Items.
next: Section 130
. Disposition of Acquired Items.
AS 14.57.120. Criteria Applicable to Acquisitions From the Fund.
Subject to approval given by the Museum Collections Advisory Committee under AS 14.57.050
(b), the director may
- (1) establish by contract the terms and conditions of custody, protection, conservation, and exhibition of an item
acquired by the state museum if the item is acquired and custody of it is assigned to another institution;
- (2) transfer ownership of an item to an institution having custody of an item acquired from the net income account of the
fund if the director is satisfied that the institution will provide necessary care and protection of the item; or
- (3) assign long-term custody of an item to an institution having custody of an item acquired from the net income account
of the fund if the director is satisfied that the institution to which custody of the item is transferred will provide
necessary care and protection of the item in accordance with a contract entered into under (1) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.