Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 57. Museums
- Section 10. The State Museum.
previous: Chapter 57
next: Section 15
. Accounting and Disposition of Receipts. [Repealed, Sec. 92 Ch 36 SLA 1990].
AS 14.57.010. The State Museum.
- (a) The department shall manage and have complete charge of all of the property contained in the institution known as the
state museum. The museum shall be maintained in the state capital. Branch museums may be established and maintained in
other localities in the state.
- (b) The department shall
- (1) acquire artifacts, natural history specimens, art objects, etc., that pertain to the human and natural history of
Alaska by purchase and by gift;
- (2) identify, catalog, preserve, and display these acquisitions;
- (3) acquire and catalog Alaskan photographs and maintain a card catalog of this collection;
- (4) accept endowments, grants, and gifts in accordance with AS 37.07
(the Executive Budget Act);
- (5) collect and maintain books, periodicals, pamphlets, and other materials pertinent to museum administration,
techniques, and collections;
- (6) assist and advise in the development of local museums;
- (7) collect and keep current information concerning museum activities throughout the state;
- (8) coordinate the museum activities of the state with those of other agencies;
- (9) keep the museum open at reasonable hours for the convenience of visitors;
- (10) provide museum services and administer state and other grants-in-aid to museums in the state to supplement and improve
their services, the grants to be paid from money appropriated for that purpose, or from other money available for that
- (c) The department may establish by regulation, and collect, reasonable user fees and other fees for services provided by
the department under this chapter. The department may negotiate reduced fees or group discounts with, or offer reduced
fees or group discounts to, persons who bring groups of people to visit the museum or a branch of the museum.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.