Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 56. State and Community Libraries
- Section 120. Deposit of Publications and Research Data.
previous: Section 110
next: Section 123
. Liaison With Center.
AS 14.56.120. Deposit of Publications and Research Data.
- (a) Each state agency shall deposit, upon release, at least four copies of each of its state publications in the center.
Additional copies of each publication may be requested by the center for deposit in quantities necessary to meet the
needs of the depository library system and to provide inter-library service to those libraries not having depository
- (b) Each state agency shall notify the center of the creation of all data published or compiled by or for it at public
expense, including automated data bases, and provide for its accessibility through the center unless the data is
protected by the constitutional right to privacy or is of a type stated by law to be confidential or the agency is
otherwise prohibited by law from doing so.
- (c) The center is also a depository for publications of municipalities and regional educational attendance areas,
including surveys and studies produced by a municipality or regional educational attendance area or produced for it on
contract. Four copies of each publication produced for a municipality or regional educational attendance area may be
deposited with the center for record and distribution purposes.
- (d) Each municipality or regional educational attendance area may notify the center of the creation of all data published
or compiled by or for it at public expense and provide for its accessibility through the center, unless the data is
protected by the constitutional right to privacy or is of a type stated by law to be confidential or the municipality
or regional educational attendance area is otherwise prohibited by law from doing so.
- (e) When a research project or study is conducted for a person by a state agency, a municipality, or a regional
educational attendance area, even though no state funding is involved, the state agency, municipality, or regional
educational attendance area shall request that person for permission to make copies of its final report available to
the center under AS 14.56.090
- 14.56.180. If permission is granted, the report
shall be deposited with the center.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.