Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 48. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
- Section 50. Powers and Duties of Commission.
previous: Section 40
. Commission to Administer Chapter.
next: Section 60
. Minimum Standards.
AS 14.48.050. Powers and Duties of Commission.
The commission shall
- (1) establish minimum criteria consistent with AS 14.48.060
including quality of education, ethical and business practices, health and safety, and fiscal responsibility that
applicants for authorization to operate, or for an agent's permit, must meet before the authorization or permit is
- (2) receive, investigate, and act upon applications for authorization to operate postsecondary educational institutions
and applications for agent's permits;
- (3) maintain a list of postsecondary educational institutions and agents authorized to operate in the state under this
- (4) keep current and make available as public information the list of institutions and agents;
- (5) enter into interstate reciprocity agreements with similar agencies in other states, if in the judgment of the
commission the agreements will be helpful in carrying out the purposes of this chapter;
- (6) receive and maintain as a permanent file, copies of academic records maintained in accordance with AS 14.48.060
- (7) adopt regulations and procedures necessary or appropriate for the conduct of its work and the implementation of this
chapter under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act);
- (8) investigate on its own initiative or in response to a complaint lodged with it, persons subject to, or reasonably
believed by the commission to be subject to, the jurisdiction of this chapter; and in connection with the investigation
subpoena persons, books, records, or documents related to the investigation; require answers in writing under oath to
questions propounded by the commission and administer oaths or affirmations to persons in connection with the
investigation; and, for the purpose of examination at all reasonable times, shall have access to, and the right to
copy, documentary evidence of a corporation that is under investigation or being proceeded against;
- (9) exercise other necessary powers and duties in conformity with the provisions of this chapter that, in the judgment of
the commission, are necessary to carry out the provisions of this chapter;
- (10) [Repealed, Sec. 42 ch 85 SLA 2001].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.