Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 48. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
- Section 10. Purposes.
previous: Chapter 48
. Regulation of Postsecondary Educational Institutions
next: Section 20
. Authorization and Permits Required.
AS 14.48.010. Purposes.
- (a) It is the purpose of this chapter to provide for the protection, education, and welfare of the citizens of the state,
its postsecondary educational institutions, and its students, by
- (1) establishing minimum standards concerning quality of education, ethical and business practices, health and safety, and
fiscal responsibility, to protect against substandard, transient, unethical, deceptive, or fraudulent institutions and
- (2) prohibiting the granting of false or misleading educational credentials;
- (3) regulating the use of academic terminology in designating educational institutions;
- (4) prohibiting misleading literature, advertising, solicitation, or representation by educational institutions or their
- (5) providing for the preservation of essential academic records; and
- (6) providing certain rights and remedies to the public and the commission necessary to carry out the purposes of this
- (b) This chapter may not be construed to preclude the development of innovative, alternative postsecondary educational
delivery systems or programs if their purposes and their administration, operation, or management are in the public
interest and do not conflict with those purposes set out in (a) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.