Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 44. Interstate Education Compacts
- Section 60. Members of the Commission.
previous: Section 55
. Terms and Provisions of Compact.
next: Chapter 45
. Private and Denominational Schools
AS 14.44.060. Members of the Commission.
- (a) One of the commission members shall be the governor; one shall be the state commissioner of education and early
development; two shall be members of the state legislature selected by its respective houses and serving in the manner
the legislature may determine; one shall be the president of the state Board of Education and Early Development; and
two shall be appointed at large by and serve at the pleasure of the governor.
- (b) The terms of office of the at-large members shall be four years; however, the first members shall be appointed as
follows: one for two years, and one for four years. Each member shall hold office until a successor is appointed and
- (c) The legislative and at-large members of the commission serve without compensation but are entitled to per diem and
travel expenses provided by law for other state boards and commissions.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.