Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 650. Selection Criteria.
previous: Section 640
. Conditions of and Limitations On Loans.
next: Section 700
AS 14.43.650. Selection Criteria.
- (a) To be eligible for a teacher education loan, a student must
- (1) be a graduate of a public or private high school in the state, with sufficient credits to be admitted to an accredited
college or university;
- (2) be enrolled in or show evidence of intent to enroll in a degree program directed at a teaching career at the
elementary or secondary school level;
- (3) meet the conditions set by the student's local school board with respect to the district's requirements for teachers
in particular subject areas;
- (4) submit to the local school board an application provided by the commission under AS 14.43.630
(a)(2); an application may be submitted six months before graduation from high school; and
- (5) not have a past due child support obligation established by court order or by the child support services agency under
- 25.27.220 at the time of application.
- (b) A local school board shall award teacher education loans giving a preference to applicants from rural schools who meet
the qualifications for a loan and taking into account the applicants' academic records.
- (c) A student may not be awarded a teacher education loan under AS 14.43.600 - 14.43.700 if the student receives a loan under AS 14.43.170
- 14.43.175 for the same period of attendance.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.