Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 152. Initiation of Administrative Action to Establish a Collection Order; Required Notice.
previous: Section 151
. Authority and Procedure to Administratively Establish and Enforce a Collection Order.
next: Section 153
. Hearings in Administrative Action to Establish a Collection Order; Burden of Proof.
AS 14.43.152. Initiation of Administrative Action to Establish a Collection Order; Required Notice.
- (a) An action to establish a collection order authorized under AS 14.43.151 is initiated by the commission's serving on the
borrower a notice of establishment of collection order. The notice shall be served by mailing the notice to the
- (1) the borrower's most recent address provided to the commission by the borrower; or
- (2) another address known to the commission.
- (b) The notice served under (a) of this section must state
- (1) the amount of the liability for default under AS 14.43.145
for which the borrower is found to be responsible; the amount stated under this paragraph shall include all principal,
interest, and collection fees;
- (2) that a lien may be recorded against the borrower's property as authorized under AS 14.43.145
- (3) that the borrower may appear at a hearing held by the commission and show cause that a collection order should not be
entered because, at the time of the notice,
- (A) no loan payment was more than 180 days past due or, for a loan under AS 14.43.161
- 14.43.168 or 14.43.170 - 14.43.175, the default requirements established by the
commission had not yet been met; or
- (B) the borrower had entered into, or was in compliance with, an agreement to forbear default with the commission; and
- (4) that, if the borrower served with the notice does not request a hearing within 30 days after the date of mailing of
the notice, a collection order will be entered and the property of the borrower will be subject to a lien under AS 14.43.149
in the amount stated in the collection order without further notice or hearing.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.