Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 43. Financial Aid Programs For Postsecondary Students
- Section 110. Education Loans.
previous: Section 105
. Administration of Program.
next: Section 115
. Graduate Loans. [Repealed Sec. 26 Ch 5 SLA 1996].
AS 14.43.110. Education Loans.
- (a) In a school year, the commission may make a loan not to exceed
- (1) $8,500 to a full-time undergraduate student or $5,000 to a half-time undergraduate student attending a college or
university if the full- or half-time student is otherwise eligible under AS 14.43.125;
- (2) $9,500 to a full-time graduate student or $4,500 to a half-time graduate student attending a college or university if
the full- or half-time graduate student is otherwise eligible under AS 14.43.125
- (3) $5,500 to a full-time student or $2,000 to a half-time student if the full- or half-time student is attending a career
education program that is at least six weeks in length and is otherwise eligible under AS 14.43.125.
- (b) The commission may make a loan for a summer term, even if the total loan for the school year exceeds the limit imposed
under (a) of this section if the loan for the summer term is counted against the limit imposed under (a) of this
section for the following school year.
- (c) The commission shall adopt regulations establishing a minimum amount for which a loan may be made.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.