Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 30. Pupils and Educational Programs For Pupils
- Section 127. Vision and Hearing Screening Examinations.
previous: Section 125
next: Section 130
. - 14.30.170l Readmission of Child Excluded On Account of Communicable Disease; Examination and Treatment By Municipal Health Officers; Scope of Article; Construction; Penalty For False Certificates. [Repealed, Sec. 59 Ch 98 SLA 1966].
AS 14.30.127. Vision and Hearing Screening Examinations.
- (a) A vision and hearing screening examination shall be given to each child attending school in the state. The
examination shall be made when the child enters school or as soon thereafter as is practicable, and at regular
intervals specified by regulation by the governing body of the district.
- (b) The Department of Health and Social Services shall
- (1) set standards for the performance of vision and hearing screening;
- (2) train and certify public health nurses and school district employees to conduct hearing and vision screening tests;
- (3) assist with referral and follow-up of children needing professional examination or treatment; and
- (4) assist with maintenance and repair of screening equipment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.