Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 25. Teachers' Retirement
- Section 486. Disability Benefit Adjustment.
previous: Section 485
. Occupational Disability Benefits and Reemployment of Disabled Members.
next: Section 487
. Occupational Death Benefit.
AS 14.25.486. Disability Benefit Adjustment.
- (a) Once each year, the administrator shall increase disability benefits. The amount of the increase is a
percentage of the current disability benefit equal to the lesser of 75 percent of the increase in the cost of living in the preceding
calendar year or nine percent.
- (b) If a disabled member was not receiving a benefit during the entire preceding calendar year, the increase in
the benefit under this section shall be adjusted by multiplying it by a fraction, the numerator of which is the number of months for
which the benefit was received in the preceding calendar year and the denominator of which is 12.
- (c) An increase in benefit payments under this section is effective July 1 of each year and is based on the
percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index for urban wage earners and clerical workers for Anchorage, Alaska, during the previous
calendar year, as determined by the United States Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- (d) Benefit adjustments under this section shall terminate the last day of the month following the date on which
a disabled member is no longer receiving a disability benefit under AS 14.25.485 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.