Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 14. Education, Libraries, and Museums
- Chapter 17. Financing of Public Schools
- Section 990. Definitions.
previous: Section 920
next: Chapter 18
. Prohibition Against Discrimination Based On Sex or Race in Public Education
AS 14.17.990. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "ADM or average daily membership" means the aggregate number of full-time equivalent students enrolled in a school
district during the student count period for which a determination is being made, divided by the actual number of days
that school is in session for the student count period for which the determination is being made;
- (2) "district" means a city or borough school district or a regional educational attendance area;
- (3) "district adjusted ADM" means the number resulting from the calculations under AS 14.17.410
- (4) "district ADM" means the sum of the ADMs in a district;
- (5) "eligible federal impact aid" means the amount of federal impact aid received by a district as of March 1 of the
fiscal year as a result of an application submitted in the preceding fiscal year, including advance payments and
adjustments received since March 1 of the preceding fiscal year from prior year applications, under 20 U.S.C. 7701 -
7714, except payments received under 20 U.S.C. 7703(f)(2)(B), to the extent the state may consider that aid as local
resources under federal law;
- (6) "local contribution" means appropriations and the value of in-kind services made by a district;
- (7) "taxable real and personal property" means all real and personal property taxable under the laws of the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.